Thursday, January 16, 2014

God is faithful!

It's been a while since my last post, I've been just a little busy......lol

Allot has gone on in the last 4 months! Homeschool is very enjoyable most days, but we have had some tough ones too. It's to be expected when your children have always been in public school & they've learned completely different then what you're teaching them now. It's a learning experience for us all!

We're getting better at it. I doubt myself allot! More than I'd like to admit! I struggle with "am I doing the right thing", "am I strong/smart enough", "will they get to go to college", "how am I suppose to balance this all" & I could go on......! You know these questions all to well yourself! These are doubts & fears you hear consistently from the Accuser! I mean, that's his full time job, he's great at it & he never rest!

No matter how discouraged I've gotten in the last 4 months, God has been SO faithful & true! Over & over again, He continues to reassure me in this difficult but rewarding calling! He's blessed us by providing the monies & then some for our homeschool needs. He's blessed us by using our old church family that had just rebuilt a new church building & was GIVING AWAY stuff from their school. We received 4 desks, 4 chairs, a large white board, several bookshelves, wall hangings, Legos & some books for FREE! God is SO GOOD & we are truly thankful! We honestly wasn't sure how we were going to homeschool the children on one income, but God has showed us that when you put your faith & trust in Him, He will always provide!

He also lead me to the perfect curriculum for our family! I LOVE everything about it! At first I was extremely overwhelmed by all of the information, but it's clicking! I especially love the fact that I have a Facebook support group of other homeschool Mom's that use this curriculum! It's so nice to be able to go there for support, encouragement & wisdom from veteran homeschoolers!

Pictures have been taking over the last few months of the kids doing their projects, crafts & field trips. My plan is to sit down during our sixth month this homeschool year & post them with a description. We are currently studying about Animals & Effects of Famine on Animal Life. It's a twelve day unit study & we are on day nine today.

We've covered SO much in such a short time. My favorite has been scripture memorization! We've learned a total of fifteen scriptures so far & two of those being the books of the New Testament. It's really given me a different understanding of His Word! I love how Rob & I can share that understanding with our children as we're doing it all together!

Beginning Thursday, January 30, 2014, we will forgo our first semester of homeschool Co-Op! A Co-Op is a group of homeschool families coming together & using their strengths in a subject to teach a class of children. Each of our children has picked what class they would like to take & I have the class registration tonight. I'm really looking forward to this because this will give the children a chance to meet other children. This has been something they have missed terribly since we began homeschooling! I pray that God will open positive, godly relationships up for us all!

With just a little over a year homeschooling, I'm exhausted! I will admit, I honestly don't know how other homeschool mom's pull it off & make it look so easy! I've really struggled with balancing it all & having hardly any time for myself! Through the tiredness & fatigue, God continues to show me that I only have a short time with these precious children! So make every minute count! For me to put everything I have into them while I can & while their here to learn from us! And that I need to seek my rest in Him & only Him!

Blessings & Love,
Hollie

1 comment:

  1. So beautifully said, Hollie. You are doing what's right for your children and I'm so proud of you. I do wish I'd made the choice to homeschool while my children were younger but they're nearly done with school now and getting ready for college. Fortunately we have good schools here- ones that still allow prayer and Bible reading during school time.

    And don't listen to the evil one's discouragement. He's trying to get you to put your kids back in the system because he knows the potential for destruction there. Hang on and Jesus will absolutely bless your efforts beyond your wildest dreams.

    Hugs to you and yours, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete