Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Prayers for Marriage, Parenting & Homeschooling

I came across this today as I was searching for curriculum for the kids next school year. I needed this in a bad way! We've been homeschooling our 2nd oldest for almost a month now & needless to say it's been a challenge! 

To be honest, I've allowed doubt to enter my mind more than I'd like to admit. God's retraining my mind, body, heart & soul to see the world completely different! How I've seen things done all my life, how I've done things most of my life. 

It can be very overwhelming at times! And when it is, what better way to release it to HIM then with prayer! I pray this blesses you as well! Feel free to copy and/or print these prayers, if you’d like.

~

I pray, Lord, that You would build my marriage, my family, and my homeschool — and that I would not try to do so on my own. 
~ Psalm 127:1 ~

Father, prepare my heart to pour out to You like water for the lives of my children.
~ Lamentations 2:19 ~

I pray that Your holy word would be on my heart and that I would teach it diligently to my children. 
~ Deuteronomy 6:6 ~

Help me, Father, not to provoke my children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of Your word.
~ Ephesians 6:4 ~

I pray that my strength in parenting and homeschooling would come from You, Lord. 
~ Philippians 4:13 ~

May Your power be perfected in my weakness, and may Your power dwell in me.
~ 2 Corinthians 12:9 ~

May I remember (on difficult days) that I have hope in You, that Your loving kindness and compassions never fail, that Your mercies are new every morning. Great is Your faithfulness to me! You are my portion and I have hope in You. Help me wait for You to work, to seek You earnestly instead of taking matters into my own hands.
~ Lamentations 3:21-26 ~

Lord, I pray I would have a steadfast mind and that You would keep me in perfect peace as I homeschool and as I parent, trusting You to do the work. 
~ Isaiah 26:3 ~

As decisions need to be made, I pray I will hear Your voice clearly telling me which way to walk. 
~ Isaiah 30:21 ~

I pray that I will abide in You as I homeschool and as I parent.
~ John 15:5 ~

I pray that I will tell my children about You and praise You every day!
~ Psalm 78:4 ~

Father, please equip my children, through Your word, to do every good work You call them to.
~ 2 Timothy 3:16-17 ~

May my children learn to work heartily at whatever task is before them, as something done for the Lord, and not for men — and may I set the example for doing this myself!
~ Colossians 3:23 ~

~

Blessings & Love,
Hollie

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Hollie. Thank you for sharing. I'm praying for you as you settle into this new journey. Don't forget to enjoy the ride each day, even when the road gets bumpy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspiring & lovely! I'm trying to imagine what my family's lives would be like if I would only allow God's grace to flow.
    I may just print these little prayers out & post them where I'll see them - next to my computer!
    Thank you, Hollie! & Blessings on your new Weaver journey!
    ~Gail

    ReplyDelete