Friday, January 11, 2013

A New Chapter....

Almost 10 years ago I was saved & baptized before God, my husband, family & friends. Since then the Holy Spirit has done some amazing things through me & my life. The Spirit has helped me drop addictions, look at life through spiritual goggles, truly seek His truth, & question why we (the world) do this & why we (the world) do that.

God has blessed my husband & I with four amazing children! Since my last child started school, I've felt a deep emptiness when they would get on the bus to head off to public school. Their first 5 or 6 years I was the one showing, teaching, seeking & learning with them along the way! I felt as if I no longer had a purpose! Sure when they came back to me at the end of the day I felt complete again. Waiting to hear how their day was, did they make a new friend, what did they learn? When they walked in that front door my world was complete again!

I honestly can't explain, this has been something that's been on my heart to do for over 2 years. I've prayed about it, seeked God's word, talked with friends, searched in & out, looked near & far. My heart yearned for something more! This honestly couldn't be IT?! I ached! I longed to find my purpose!

Over the years I've watched my children slowly slip away from the morals of God's word, amazing examples from the Bible, what's right & what's wrong! The world was sucking them in! There is SO much influence & peer pressure on these kids in the public system. Yes, there is allot of good but in my opinion the bad out weighs the good!

Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, & Twelfth graders are having sex with anyone & everyone, babies having babies, getting STD's (some lethal!), drugs, cutting, suicide, losing themselves! The sad thing, most parents could honestly care else! When I look at the public school system, I see satans play ground! I know that the outside world is no different!

I believe that our great grandmothers & grandmothers had it right! The mother stayed home!! Cared for the children, cared for the home, cared for the garden, did chores, & showed the children how to do it all! They learned together! I don't think God intended for the mothers to work out of the home. Our children ARE our work!

Off my soap box.....now to why I posted at all. Our family has finally decided that it's best to homeschool our children. I'm currently only homeschooling our second to the oldest, that's in 10th grade this school year. But starting next school year, I will be homeschooling the three youngest, as you may already know that our oldest graduated last year.

There is allot that I don't know but with God's guidance, word & prayer, we will do it better than the public system can! First & for most is getting our children away from the worldly view of thinking & acting! My Heavenly Father has revealed my purpose!

Please keep our children, our family & myself in your daily prayers. This will be a tough but worth every minute journey! If this is something you've felt led to do....do it! This is our children's souls we're talking about! God trusted us to care for, show His truth, guide & love these children! On judgement day I want to be able to say, "Yes Lord, I did my best!"

Blessings & Love,
Hollie


1 comment:

  1. That's so awesome, Hollie! Way to go! I would do it but I honestly don't think I would be able to give my kids what they need at home at this point. Especially Cera. She's a junior this year and she's SOOOO smart. She's taking college credits in high school and there's no way I could teach her anything let alone what she needs to know in order for her to do what she wants to do. I feel really blessed that our school still has prayer- student led- and prays at sporting events and graduations and such. They teach creation alongside evolution and stress that creation is the right way. The teachers are so great at this school so I know that even though I can't teach them at home, they're getting a good, wholesome education at this school we chose.

    I will keep your family in my prayers and am so excited to hear more about your journey :)

    ReplyDelete