Sunday, February 12, 2012

Manhattan Declaration

This came to me in a email from a friend of a friends brother :o) What a great way for your voice to be heard! So far they have over 500,000 signatures! God is working in mighty ways through His believers!


About two years ago, Barbara and I were privileged to be two of the original signers of the Manhattan Declaration, along with other Christian leaders, such as Chuck Colson, Dr. James Dobson and Kay Arthur. This important document outlines God’s plan for three matters of eternal significance: the sanctity of life, the dignity of marriage as the union of one man and one woman, and religious liberty. Barbara and I both believe signing the document is one of the most important things we’ve ever done. I would strongly encourage you to sign this declaration and make a stand for spiritual liberties and rights of conscience. Like all who have signed this important document, we signed it as individuals and not on behalf of FamilyLife.

I’m writing today to ask you to read the Manhattan Declaration and consider signing it.  

You will also notice there is a petition that the writers of the Manhattan Declaration will be presenting to President Obama next week.  You may wish to consider signing this petition as well.  I don’t often ask our friends to consider signing such a statement, but I’m firing a silver bullet to bring these matters to your attention because I believe this is an intensely spiritual matter and one that I believe the Christian community needs to address. I am reminded of Dietrich Bonheoffer’s statement, “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children.“


Until every home is a godly home,



Dennis Rainey

1 comment: