Thursday, February 2, 2012

God's Got Us Covered!

I love sharing things that I get either by email, searching, reading from the Word or just life in general. My Uncle sent this to me this morning in an email and it convicted and touched my heart all at the same time!

I don't work out of the home but I still struggle probably even more so. I'm alone about 10 hours a day, 5 days a week. My mind wonders, doubts, questions and makes stuff up. I know that these things are NOT of God but Satan! I really needed this....thanks Uncle Bill! 

May this bless your day as well.

Me (in a tizzy): God, can I ask you something? 

GOD: Sure. 

Me: Promise you won't get mad? 

GOD: I promise. 

Me (frustrated): Why did you let so much stuff happen to me today? 

GOD: What do you mean? 

Me: Well I woke up late, 

GOD: Yes 

Me: My car took forever to start, 

GOD: Okay.... 

Me (growling): At lunch, they made my sandwich wrong and I had to wait 

GOD:  Hmmmm.. 

Me: On the way home, my phone went dead, just as I picked up a call 

GOD: All right 

Me (loudly): And to top it all off, when I got home, I just wanted to soak  my feet in my foot massager and relax, but it wouldn't work. Nothing went  right today! Why did you do that? 

GOD: Well let me see..... the death angel was at your bed this morning and  I had to send one of the other angels to battle him for your life. I let you  sleep through that. 

Me (humbled): Oh... 

GOD: I didn't let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your  route that might have hit you if you were on the road 

Me (ashamed): ............ 

GOD: The first person who made your sandwich today was sick and I didn't  want you to catch what they have, I knew you couldn't afford to miss work 

Me (embarrassed): Oh..... 

GOD: Your phone went dead because the person that was calling was going to  give a false witness about what you said on that call, I didn't even let  you talk to them so you would be covered 

Me (softly): I see God 

GOD: Oh and that foot massager, it had a short  that was going to throw  out all of the power in your house tonight. I didn't think you wanted to be in  the dark. 

Me: I'm sorry God. 

GOD: Don't be sorry, just learn to trust me.........in all things, the  good and the bad 

Me: I WILL trust you God 

GOD: And don't doubt that my plan for your day is always better than your  plan 

Me: I won't God. And let me just tell you God, thank you for everything  today. 

GOD: You're welcome child. It was just another day being your God and I  love looking after my children. 

Scriptural References: 

II Samuel 22:31; “As for God, His way is perfect: The LORD’s word is flawless; He shields all who take refuge in Him."
Proverbs 3:5-6; Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight.
Hebrews 2:13; And again, “I will put my trust in Him.” And again He says, “Here am I, and the children God has given me.” Since the children have flesh and blood, He too shared in their humanity so that by His death He might break the power of Him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil- and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.

Blessings and Love,
Hollie 

2 comments:

  1. This is so needed for the week I've had. Thanks for posting this babe, and thank you uncle Bill for sending it to Hollie, and THANK YOU LORD for getting this around to me. I have had some difficult things to deal with this week and there are more difficulties to be dealt with tomorrow, but Lord, please help me to see you in the midst of it all and help me to remember that there are others dealing with wayyyyyyyy worse than me right now. Thank you for the storm. Help me see the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so wonderful! I, too, needed this. Thank you for sharing :) I'll continue to lift Vicki and the Thompsons up in prayer. Blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete