Monday, January 16, 2012

Our Family Tradition; Spring Break Camping

Our family LOVES camping during Spring Break and have for about 8 years! I just booked our 5 day get-away last week and I'm SO looking forward to it. This year we're going on a new adventure and a change of scenery by going to Meridian State Park in Meridian, Texas. It's loaded with history, hiking trails and an endangered bird called a Golden-cheeked warbler.

In the years passed we've enjoyed Enchanted Rock in Fredericksburg, Texas and Whitney State Park in Whitney, Texas. We have always had other families join us in the past years but this year we've decided to go on our own. With this being Destanie's last Spring Break with us before college, we wanted this be a new adventure and experience for our family. After all; going camping is to make great family traditions and memories to remember for generations ahead! I pray that in the years ahead, my children will want to join Rob and I in our yearly camping trips with their families. What a blessing that would be!!!

Here are some pictures I'd like to share from our past camping trips. It truly amazes me how much my babies have grown over the years!

Enchanted Rock 2004; with our old church group Burleson Church of Christ. It was just the three girls because our son was too little.






No Camping in 2005; saved up every penny for our new home.



Whitney State Park 2006; with the Wurzbach's.





 Whitney State Park 2007; with the Wurzbach's.




Whitney State Park 2008; with the Lancaster's and the Thompson's.






No Camping in 2009; Rob injured his back.

Whitney State Park 2010; with the Lancaster's.









No Camping in 2011; saving money for a summer Vacation in Padre Island with Rob's parent's.

Meridian State Park 2012; Memories to be made.

I had lots of pictures with the families that joined us over the years but I tried my best not to post them because I respect their privacy rights. With this being my family blog I decided not to post those.

I look forward to making new memories with our yearly camping trip with the kids, our family and friends! Lord willing, we will be able to continue this family tradition for many more years to come!

Blessings and Love,
Hollie

1 comment:

  1. They have all grown so much. For years now, I've wanted us to get to the point of an empty nest, but the closer we get to it, the more I don't want that. I want always to have my family close and around me. I see now the same desire in my mom. I wonder sometimes how she copes with not being around a lot and if she'll ever forgive me for not wanting to be around her as much as she's wanted to be around me. Lord, help me to be a better son, father, and husband. Please forgive me of my ignorance and pride. Amen.

    ReplyDelete