Thursday, January 26, 2012

Our Family Name Meanings

I visited one of my favorite blogs yesterday and they posted their names and what they meant. I thought it was a neat idea, never really looked up the meaning of each of us before. Just went with our favorite name at the time.

Robert: Bright Fame Origin: English
Hollie: Bush with Red Berries Origin: English
Our 1st: Ones Fate Origin: French
Our 2nd: Who Is Like God Origin: American
Our 3rd: Daughter of the Ruler Origin: Irish
Our 4th: God Judges Origin: Hebrew

Blackwell: English: habitational name from any of various places, for example in Cumbria, Derbyshire, County Durham, Warwickshire, and Worcestershire, named Blackwell, from Old English blæc ‘black’, ‘dark’ + wæll(a), well(a) ‘spring’, ‘stream’.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, for not knowing what the names meant, you did a great job! As I'm reading through the Bible each day, I've come to realize how important name meanings were back then. I'm constantly seeing, "They called his name....because he...." I think that's cool.

    ReplyDelete