Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012!

We rang in the New Year last night with our neighbors of 6 years. We love and enjoy this much older and wiser couple! They bring wisdom, life, example and love in our lives. Our children love them and think of them as their third set of grandparents!

There are several things that I'm looking forward to in 2012 and then there are things that I'm not so much. First and foremost is, what God has in store for me, Rob, and each one of my children.

May this year be, one that I place God first at all times. May this year be, one that I constantly go to Him for answers and wisdom instead of looking to this world for them. May I please Him in everything I do and say. May I love those who are hard to love. May others love me when I'm difficult to love. May I have a forgiving, unconditional, patient, loving, non-judgmental, unselfish, eager heart to serve spirit! May I grow even more in Christ's image!

There are a few things that will be difficult this year for me. But I'm prayerfully looking for God to lead me in the spirit not the flesh. Destanie graduating high school in May, moving with grandparents in the summer, going off to college in the fall and only having 3 of my 4 children at home full time. May I cherish EVERY second I have with our 1st! I know she'll only be about 20 minutes from us but this is my first baby! This is when faith in God, how you raised them, and hope that they will make it out in the real world comes into play. She has grown into an amazing young lady and I couldn't be a prouder momma!

We have a turkey in the deep fryer, will be headed to Rob's parents very soon, and will enjoy family on the first day of 2012! Fun, games, food, and family....God is oh so good!

I'm very excited about 2012! It has huge promise and we will get to watch the fruit from our tree blossom! I pray that you have a blessed 2012 as well!

Blessings and Love,
Hollie

1 comment:

  1. Wow, so much going on for you. Our oldest daughter flew the coop last summer and our son will be leaving for college in June. So hard to let them go.

    I love your prayer up there, such great things to reach for and I hope you can get closer to being the woman God wants for you to be. I hope the same for myself and am working daily on acheiving that. Reading my Bible each day has always been a struggle for me but I'm determined to get through the whole Bible this year and that it will leave a lasting impression on my spirit.

    I also look forward to getting to know you better this year, Hollie. Be blessed :)

    ReplyDelete