Saturday, December 31, 2011

Timely Words

Isaiah 43:16, 18-19


This is what the LORD says— he who made a way through the sea, a path through the mighty waters, “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.

Wow, was this timely for me this morning. I have been needing to hear this and right before I read this, Hollie told me I needed to let it go on an issue we were discussing. Ya think maybe He's trying to tell me something.
This is one of those things that I dearly struggle with. Spur of the moment, I get upset, angry, or whatever, then I usually let it go pretty quick (not always been that way). Where I run into problems is; hours later I start thinking about the situation again and start thinking about my own righteousness and then the problems start; bitterness, anger, resentment, etc. and then it just piles up until I'm a total mess and Satan is sitting in the background with that, "I just ate the canary" look on his face.
I am resolved to change this way of thinking and reacting. My brother-in-law just recently said some great words of wisdom when I apologized to him for something I'd done (another story), and he told me, "Life is too short to hang on to grudges, and if a man is willing to apologize, then who am I not to forgive him". Pretty humbling at the time and I should really take his wisdom into consideration in my own outlook on life.
I know this intellectually, but that doesn't make it any easier to do, but let's take this a step further to follow in Jesus' footsteps, forgive even when they don't ask.
That's all for now, just part of the good, the bad, and in this case "the ugly".

Robert


No comments:

Post a Comment